Having been selected as one of the Commonwealth Games 2010 venue, the Talkatora Stadium is being upgraded to the best with a diverse range of facilities. The facilities include scoreboards, video screens, acoustic ceiling, sports lighting and CCTV cameras. The Talkatora indoor stadium is being renovated following the norms of the International Boxing Federation. For this, the existing indoor stadium is being renovated as per the norms. The seating capacity of the stadium will be increased to three thousand five hundred seats. Underground parking space will also be created. One of the interesting things about the stadium is that, it is being reconstructed with recyclable material.
With the commencement of the Commonwealth Games, the stadium will have medical office, athlete cubicles, physiotherapy centre, athlete's lounge, warm up area, doping control office, technical official lounge, federation office, committee office, changing room. meeting room etc. Further, media lounge, press conference room, office for the venue managers, CCTV monitor room, media work area, ticket desk, security command, catering area etc will also be there at the Ta Talkatora Indoor Stadium
CWG 2010 Schedule: Sport Events at Talkatora StadiumThe Talkatora Indoor Stadium in Delhi will host the Boxing Championship at the Commonwealth Games of 2010. The total seating capacity will be 3035 spectators. The competition arena will have 1 competition ring and 4 warm-up areas for the athletes.
Road Distance from Games Village to Talkatora StadiumGames Village to Talkatora Stadium is just a distance of 11kms. The stadium is well connected to the Games Village and other places. This makes both the places easily accessible. Those coming down to watch the Commonwealth Games can take the help of numerous buses, taxis and autos plying in the city. The metro rail can also be availed as it is one of the most comfortable and quick means of traveling. The closest metro stations are Patel Chowk and Rama Krishna Ashram Marg.
Direction from Games Village to Talkatora StadiumIf you want to travel from the Games village to the Talkatora Stadium, hassle fre, then just follow the below mentioned directions that would help you in reaching your destination:
- From the Commonwealth Games Village, Delhi, start towards the Noida Link Road, in the north East
- Take a left turn at the Noida Link Road
- Take a left turn at the Vikas Marg
- Pass through the "Business Aid Enterprises" at the right.
- Continue heading onto the Indraprashta Marg
- Pass through the Central Revenue Buillding on left
- Take a left turn near the Bahadur Shah Zafar Marg
- Continue to move till the Tilak Marg and pass through the "Tilak Marg Police Station"
- Take slightly left at the India Gate
- Again Take a little left at the Akbar Rd
- Cross across the three roundabouts
- Pass through the "Darbhanga Kalyani House" on left
- Near the roundabout, go through the third exit on the Teen Murti Marg
- Pass through the "Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund" on your left
- Near the roundabout, go through the third exit on the Mother Teresa Crescent and you are there at the Talkatora Indoor Stadium
Contact DetailsTalkatora Garden, Connaught Place, Delhi- 110001
LandmarkNear Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital
Phone: (011) 23094378, (011) 23094832
Last Updated on : 2 September 2010