Having been strategically located at the heart of Delhi, the Games Village is easily accessible from the important traveling points like the Indira Gandhi International Airport and the Delhi railway Station. The Games Village can be easily accessed through airways, railways and roadways. The road distance from IGI Airport to Games Village is only 22kms approximately.
New Delhi is very well connected by airways through the IGI Airport. One can reach the IGI Airport by taking up any of the international and domestic airlines that ply in Delhi like the Kingfisher, British Airways, Air India, Gulf Air, Jet Airways, Deccan, IndiGo, Singapore Airlines, SpiceJet etc. On reaching the airport, one can take up the taxis, buses and other modes of transport to reach from IGI Airport to Games Village. Sinnce both these places are well connected with lot of transport modes and facilities, so reaching Games Village from IGI Airport wont be a problem.
Delhi is also brilliantly linked through the Delhi Railway Station. The different modes of transport operating on the roads of Delhi make it convenient to travel within Delhi. You would find numerous buses, taxis, auto-rickshaws etc which would easily reach you from the Indira Gandhi International Airport to Games Village.
Apart from these, another very important and convenient mode of transport in the city of Delhi is the Metro Rail. The metro rail in Delhi connects the important CWG venues to the Games Village and the IGIA.
Direction from IGI Airport to Games VillageIf you are looking to reach from the IGI Airport to Games Village without any hassle, in less time, you can check out the following directions from IGI Airport to Games Village:
- Head towards the east from the Indira Gandhi International Airport
- Take a little left in the direction of the Mahipalpur Mehrauli Road
- Continue heading straight on the Mahipalpur Mehrauli Rd
- Take a left turn on the way to Gurgaon Road/ NH 8/ Swarna Jayanti Marg
- Continue to go straight on the Gurgaon Road/ NH 8/ Swarna Jayanti Marg
- Pass through "The R Blues" on your right side
- Take the way out towards the Mahatma Gandhi Marg
- Keep right at the junction and continue moving towards the Mahatma Gandhi Marg and join the Mahatma Gandhi Marg
- Pass through the Fuel Station on your left
- Take little right at the "AIIMS Flyover"
- Continue moving on the Mahatma Gandhi Marg
- Cross the Ring Road Service Station on your left side
- Take a slight left in the direction of the Mahatma Gandhi Marg
- Continue going straight on the Mahatma Gandhi Marg
- Pass through the "Driving Research and Training Institute" on your left side
- Again take a little right at the NH2/ Mahatma Gandhi Marg
- Take little left towards the NH 24/Gurjar Samrat Mir Bhoj Marg/Hapur Bypass
- Take a right turn at the Hapur Bypass/Gurjar Samrat Mir Bhoj Marg/ NH 24 Bypass Continue following the Gurjar Samrat Mir Bhoj Marg
- Then turn left and take the first right turn and you would reach the Commonwealth Games Village
Last Updated on : 2 September 2010