- Population of the city is 82.88 million
- Density of population in Bihar is 880 per square kilometers.
- Urban Population present in the state of Bihar is 10.47 %
- Literacy Rate in Bihar goes as high as 47.53 %
- Male Literacy among the population of the state is 60.32 %
- Female Literacy rate in the state is however low and goes up to 33.57 %
- Sex Ratio study indicates that there are 92 females for every 100 males in the population of Bihar.
The chief languages spoken by the population in Bihar are Hindi, Urdu and English. Here you will find the people using their own regional languages as well. The chief dialects are:
- Bhojpuri in the districts of Champaran (East and West), Saran, and Shahabad.
- Magahi in central Bihar, that means in the districts of Patna, Gaya and Bihar.
- Maithili in the north-east, that means in the districts of Muzaffarpur, Vaishali, Darbhanga, Samastipur, Saharsa, Purnia and
Last Updated on 14 June 2013