The event will be held on 23 November 2014 and the Half Marathon will commence on 6:40 a.m.
The various categories of the race along with the eligibility are as follows:
- Delhi Half Marathon: This race will cover a distance of 21.097 km, the standard half-marathon. It is open to all people over 18 years of age.
- DHL Corporate Champions: This is a team event for companies having completed more than 12 months of existence. A team of 3 runners per company will complete the race, and the aggregate time will be used to determine the winning team.
- Great Delhi Run: This 6 km run requires participants to be above 12 years of age.
- Senior Citizens' Run: Those above 60 years can take part in this special 4 km race.
- Champions with Disability: This is a 4 km race for people with disabilities who have crossed 12 years of age.
The Delhi Half Marathon 2014 features attractive prizes to improve participation from top-level athletes. For instance, the prize for the first position of the Half Marathon, in both the male and female categories, is USD 27,000. Similarly, top finishers from India will be getting Rs 2.5 lakh for the first position. A complete list of prizes, certificates and medals is available on the official website.
Bollywood actor Bipasha Basu has been the face of the event in the last few races and will continue in 2014 as well.
The participation fee for the various race categories is as follows:
For Indian citizens:
- Delhi Half Marathon: Rs 1300
- Great Delhi Run: Rs 600
- Senior Citizens' Run: Rs 250
- Champions with Disability: Rs 250
For foreign nationals:
- Delhi Half Marathon: USD 40
- Great Delhi Run: USD 20
- Senior Citizens' Run: USD 10
- Champions with Disability: USD 10
Last Updated on : November 18, 2014