Career in BA LLB
BA LLB is an abbreviated version of the popular integrated Bachelor of Law course at undergraduate level. The length of this integrated course is five years and the eligibility to apply for this is 10+2. Though it was originated in the UK, almost all the civil societies and countries having a legal system in place, run these courses according to their own state and local laws. There are numerous colleges and universities in India, which provide BA LLB integrated courses. They generally conduct their own entrance examination followed by a possible group discussion or interview.
Current Scenario of BA-LLB in India
Nowadays practicing law is one of the most popular and lucrative professions in India. The entire system of legal education in India is governed by the Bar Council of India. After the completion of this integrated course one is eligible to work as a legal practitioner. For all the irregularities and civil or corporate strife, legal professionals are called for legal advice and action. They also help you win the litigation.
There are no specific skills or background needed for this profession, therefore anybody with a degree in law is eligible to work as a legal professional. The only requirements are patience, sharp wittedness and keeping yourself abreast with the latest in the field in terms of rulings and legal trends. He must also be a very good speaker and a communicator. Higher standards of ethics and character also help you to rise upwards in this profession. Expert and experienced legal professionals charge a hefty fee and are in great demand. They know the intricacies of a particular type of cases and therefore the probability of you seeking the compensation and justice is increased.
BA-LLB Entrance Examinations in India
To qualify the entrance test to enter BA LLB course, one must be prepared for logical and reasoning questions. A little bit of legal knowledge and general awareness would be an added advantage, whereas the subjective knowledge required is school level English, science and math. One can also do a master's degree in law called LLM, after the integrated course in law. There is no common entrance test, so you can refer to the specific university's prospectus and process of admission into this course.
Top Law Colleges in India
- Symbiosis Society's Law College, Pune
- Balaji Law College, Pune
- Government Law College, Mumbai
- National Law Institute, Bhopal
- National Law School of India, NLSIU, Bangalore
- Faculty Of Law, Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Amity Law School, New Delhi
- Bharati Vidyapeeth's New Law College, Pune
- University Institute of Legal Studies, Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Army Institute Of Law, Mohali
- M.S Ramaiah College of Law
- Dr. Rizvi College of Law , Kaushambi
- Banaras Law School, Varanasi
- Krishna University, Machiipatnam
- Bangalore University, Bangalore
- Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur
Last Updated on : 16/11/2013