The Central University of Bihar was founded in the year 2009 by an ‘Act of Parliament’ namely “The Central Universities Act, 2009”. Presently the University is operating from its temporary BIT campus in Patna.
Some of the educational programmes of the university are as follows.
- M.A/M.Sc in Development Studies
- M.Sc in Statistics
- M.Sc in Mathematics
- M.Sc in Bio-Technology
- M.Sc in Computer Science
- M.Sc in Environmental Science
The University also has a Centre for Development Studies.
The Central University of Bihar has been a part of several important events since its inception. Some of these are
- Experts Meet
- MoU with Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- Exposure visit by the 1st year students of ‘Master in Development Studies’
- MoU with UNICEF office Bihar
- Participation of MDS students at the 2nd National “Working Conference” on Social Entrepreneurship
- National Seminar on “Applications of Bio-technology and the Development of Bihar
Among the recently found Central Universities by the Indian Government, the Central University of Bihar is one. The University will be completely residential university with no affiliating bodies under it. The University will have the following schools as the academic divisions.
- School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science
- School of Earth, Biological and Environmental Sciences
- School of Physical and Chemical Sciences
- School of Technology
- School of Social Sciences and Policy
- School of Human Sciences
- School of Health Sciences
- School of Languages and Literature
- School of Management
- School of Media, Arts & Aesthetics
- School of Education
- School of Law and Governance, and
- School of Vocational Studies
- School of Agriculture and Development
However, presently the schools that have already started functioning are
- School of Earth, Biological and Environmental Sciences,
- School of Social Sciences & Policy
- School of Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science, and
The other facilities that will be offered by the Central University of Bihar are library, computer lab, hostel & mess, co-curricular Activities, scholarship and assistantship, Health Center, Serene Environment etc. The University is planning to soon start the M.Phil and PhD degrees.
Last Updated on : March 28, 2016