Ministry of Tribal Affairs came up in the year of 1999 in the month of October. It aims at the upliftment of the weakest section of the Indian society that is the Scheduled Tribes. Shri PR Kyndiah heads the ministry. The chair of the Secretary is taken care of by Mr. GB Mukherji. The other posts taking care of the Ministry of Tribal Affairs of India are:
- Two Joint Secretaries
- One Chief Controller of Accounts
- One Joint Secretary and Financial Advisor
- Eight Directors or Deputy Secretaries
- Joint Director
The various functions of the Indian Ministry of Tribal Affairs are as follows:
- Research and training programs for the betterment of the tribal people.
- Providing scholarships to the tribal community.
- Undertaking various voluntary programs for the development of the condition of the tribes, etc.
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs, India is playing a very significant role for the improvement of the tribal society of India.
Last Updated on 1st Oct 2012