The various Gujarat temples are as follows:
- Parsee fire temples of Sanjan in South Gujarat
- Bahai temple and Iskon temple in Ahmedabad
- Swaminarayan temples of Sarangpur, Gondal and Gadhada
- Jain temple complexes of Palitana, Girnar, Sankeshwar, Mahudi, Kumbharia, and
- Akshardham - Location: 28 kilometers from Ahmedabad
Specialities: Akshardham is one of the finest contemporary Gujarat temples in India. It exhibits a blend of traditional sandstone carving with the latest technologies like fibre-optics, sound and light shows, multi-media, audio-visual shows, etc.
- Ambaji - Location: 179 kilometers from Ahmedabad
Specialties: It is associated with Goddess Amba and Lord Krishna. Ambaji is one of the most popular Hindu pilgrim spots.
- Dwarka- Location: 441 kilometers from Ahmedabad
Specialties: It is one of the four dhams of Hinduism. The other dhams are Badrinath-Kedarnath, Rameshwaram, and Puri. Dwarka's mythical association with lord Krishna makes it one of the important Gujarat temples.
- Mt. Girnar - Location: 330 kilometers from Ahmedabad
Specialties: The peak of Girnar is 3660 feet high and is covered by Jain and Hindu temples. It is famous for its architectural expertise.
- Somnath- Location: 412 kilometers from Ahmedabad
Specialties: It is one of the 12 Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. Somnath is one of the most important pilgrimage sites on the west coast of India.
Last Updated on : 5/06/2013