The city of Madhya Pradesh called Gwalior is made up of three different regions. Morar is one of these three regions. The other two parts of the city are called Lashkar and Old Town.
Morar of Gwalior was originally a full-fledged town. This part of the city is located at a distance of about three miles towards the east of the Old City. During the rule of the British, Morar used to be a British cantonment. The most significant revolt of the central part of India took place at Morar in Gwalior. By the year 1900, Morar at Gwalior developed into a major trade center. The Cant region constitutes a big part of Morar. This part of Morar in Gwalior is the official dwelling place of the army of India.
The second sun temple of India is situated in Morar at Gwalior. This sun temple is located on the Residency Road. This temple is very popular among the pilgrims who come to visit the city of Gwalior. It was established by the Aditya Birla Trust.
The St. Paul's School is situated very close to the Cant region in Morar. This school is one of the most well known educational institutes of the city.
Last Updated on 16th Oct 2012