As Mr Nixon, former President of America once stated, "four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets".
This signifies the importance of newspapers in the life of today's man. If food satisfies the palate of a person, then it is the news and views which satisfy his intellectual urge. Through newspapers reader can explore both national and international boulevards and learn more about various events taking place across the world. Newspapers not only educate people but also broaden the horizons of one's outlook towards certain social issue. They are present world's encyclopedias and campaigners of autonomy, parity and fraternity.
Hyderabad has three chief print media groups that bring out a number of magazines and newspapers in Telugu, Urdu and English. They are categorized on the basis of their language of publication as under: English Newspapers in Hyderabad
- Andhra News - It offers current news updates and views from Andhra Pradesh, India and the World besides features on entertainment, sports, business, technology, health and celebrities.
- Deccan Chronicle - Deccan Chronicle offers complete information on national and international happenings. It is a widely read newspaper in Southern India and features analysis on business news, editorials, regional news, lifestyle and much more.
- Great Andhra- The newspaper offers most recent news and analysis on national, regional and international news. It extensively covers the state of Andhra Pradesh including cities like Hyderabad, Secunderabad, Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada and Tirupati.
- Hindi Milap - Hindi Milap is a daily Hindi newspaper published in Hyderabad. This 12 pages publication comprises social and political news from national and regional point of view.
- Andhra Jyothy - Andhra Jyothy comprise committed, well-groomed and professional staff who cover the latest news with utmost honesty and dedication. Before its relaunch it was only four edition strong newspaper but over the years it has developed into an eighteen-edition strong publication.
- Andhra Prabha - Andhra Prabha is a daily Telegu newspaper which features current political and social news, sports news, editorial, business analysis, telegu vartha patrikalu, etc.
- Andhrabhoomi - Andhrabhoomi is widely read in Hyderabad, Chennai and Bangalore and extensively covers regional news.
- Eenadu - Eenadu reflects the concerns and views of the Telegus. It satisfies the need of Telegus for a newspaper in their mother tounge.
- Omnamo Venkatesaya
- Swatantra Vaartha
- Telugu People
- That's Tekugu
- Daily Milap - Daily Milap is the Urdu daily newspaper which offers international, national and regional news.
- Ete Maad - An Urdu daily, Ete Maad covers local news in general.
- Siasat Daily - In 15th August 1989, Siasat Daily became the first Urdu newspaper in South India to have its own Urdu software version.
- The Munsif Daily - Edited by Khan Lateef Mohamad Khan, the Munsif Daily is the widely read Urdu newspaper in India.
Last Updated on : 19/08/2013