Jaipur International Airport
The Airport is at Sanganer, about 10 kilometers from the city. It was upgraded to international status on December 29, 2006, and became India's 14th international airport. The length of its runway is 9,000 feet and it is capable of accommodating four A-320 aircrafts at a time. The Airport has two terminals, some distance apart. It serves international and domestic flights from terminal 1 and only domestic flights from terminal 2 and can handle 500 passengers at a time. The Airport also offers cargo service.
The Terminal 1, about 10 km from the city serves international flights to select destinations, though it plans to service chartered flights from international cities. The facade of the building is Red sandstone in keeping with Rajasthani architecture and culture and the terminal offers all passenger friendly features of any modern airport.
The new domestic Terminal 2, about 7 km from the city, offers all the modern facilities. It is centrally air-conditioned, and has escalators, electronic flight information display system, and new public address systems.
Apart from these features the airport provides luggage trolleys, wheelchairs, on-call medical facilities, several pantries for the traveler's refreshments, and a shopping center. The new airport check-in counters and the passenger- friendly baggage carousel make airport check-in and check-out faster and problem free.
Domestic flights from Jaipur
Domestic carriers such as, Air India, Go Air, Indigo, Jet, Kingfisher, and Spice Jet operate daily flights from Jaipur to some of the major cities of the country. The domestic carriers connect the pink city of Jaipur with Delhi, Kolkata, Udaipur, Aurangabad, Jodhpur, Mumbai and Ahmedabad. There are no direct flights from Jaipur to some destinations such as Udaipur and Jodhpur; they are connected via Delhi and Mumbai.
Air India operates flights to Delhi and Mumbai.Go Air operates to Bangalore and Mumbai. IndiGo operates to Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Mumbai. Jet Airways now called JetKonnect operates to Aurangabad, Udaipur, Indore, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Delhi, Jammu, and Mumbai. Kingfisher Airline operates to Mumbai, Agra, and Delhi. Spice Jet connects Madurai, Bhopal, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Goa, Delhi, Pune, Mumbai, Chennai, Jammu, Hyderabad, and Indore. Air Deccan connects to Bangalore, Delhi, and Mumbai.
International flights from Jaipur
The travelers now have a wider choice of services after the up gradation of Jaipur Airport and with more international and chartered flights anticipated to fly via Jaipur the improved connectivity will boost tourism in Rajasthan .
The national carrier, Air India offers a flight to Dubai and Sharjah. Jet Airways too operates flights to Kuala Lumpur, Dubai and Sharjah. The flights connect at Indore, Ahmedabad, Chandigarh, Cochin, Delhi and Mumbai.
The international carrier, The United Arab Emirates operates a direct flight to Dubai, and also connects Sharjah.
Oman Air connects Muscat.
The Pink City and the beautifully planned capital of Rajasthan, Jaipur is not that difficult to visit and not that far away now. With a number of cheap flights available it has now become absolutely easy and feasible to explore some of the best historical sites and palaces in India.
All that it'll take is a minute or two to book you on one of the many cheap flights available from various states and cities to Jaipur. Also roundtrip discounts can be availed.
Here are some of the cheap flights one can avail from the major cities to reach Jaipur.
Flights from New Delhi
- Jet Airways Konnect- 3605 Indian Rupees
- Air India- 3455 Indian Rupees
- Spice Jet- 3505 Indian Rupees
- Kingfisher Red- 3505 Indian Rupees
- Jet Airways Konnect- 4584 Indian Rupees
- Air India- 5434 Indian Rupees
- Spice Jet- 4384 Indian Rupees
- Go Air- 4383 Indian Rupees
- Indigo- 4384 Indian Rupees
- Spice Jet- 6334 Indian Rupees
- Jet Airways Konnect- 6968 Indian Rupees (changes planes in Mumbai)
- Indigo- 7533 Indian Rupees
- Air India- 9568 Indian Rupees (changes planes in New Delhi)
- Indigo- 5534 Indian Rupees
- Jet Airways Konnect- 7384 Indian Rupees
- Spice Jet- 7412 Indian Rupees
- Air India- 8918 Indian Rupees (changes planes in New Delhi)
- Go air- 9788 Indian Rupees (changes planes in New Delhi)
- Indigo- 7286 Indian Rupees
- Jet Airways Konnect- 7520 Indian rupees (changes planes in Mumbai)
- Kingfisher red- 7945 Indian Rupees (changes planes in New Delhi)
- Air India- 9169 Indian Rupees (changes planes in Mumbai)
- Jet Airways Konnect- 6868 Indian Rupees (changes planes in New Delhi)
- Spice Jet- 5533 Indian Rupees
- Air India- 9718 Indian Rupees (changes planes in New Delhi)
- Kingfisher Red- 9818 Indian Rupees (changes planes in New Delhi)
Last Updated on : August 19, 2013