There are about 48 police stations in Kolkata now with 5 divisions. Surendranath Chatterjee is known to be India's first Police Commissioner.
Locations of Kolkata Police Stations
18, Lal Bazar Street
Alipore, Amherst Street, Ballygunge, Beliaghata, Beniapukur, Bhowanipore, Bowbazaar, Burrabazaar, Burtaolla, Chitpore, Cossipore, Ekbalpore, Entally, Garden Reach,Gariahat, Hare Street, Hastings, Jorabagan, Jorasanko, Kareya, Lake, Maniktala, Muchipara, Narkeldanga, New Alipore, Park Street, Phoolbagan, Shyambazaar, Shyampukur, Taltola, Tangra, Taratala, Tollygunge, Ultadanga, Watgunge.
Helpline numbers of Kolkata Traffic Police
- In case of taxi driver refusing to go to your destination or demanding extra fare, call up 2485-4040, 5050.
- Telephone of OC Traffic control: 2214-3644 (direct), 2214-5000 (Extension: 5096, 5338)
The various branches of Kolkata police are: Detective Department, Special Branch, Reserve Force, Traffic Police, Enforcement Branch, Wireless Branch and Security Control Office.
The Police Commissioner is at the top of the administrative department. The other units working under his command are:
- Additional Commissioner of Police
- Special Additional Commissioner of Police
- Joint Commissioner of Police
- Deputy Commissioner of Police
- Assistant Commissioner of Police
- Assistant Sub-Inspector
- Head Constable
Last Updated on : 01 August 2011