This page gives you the information about the medical colleges in Kolkata, the dental colleges and Homeopathic Medical College located in Kolkata.
In Kolkata, West Bengal the first medical college was established by the British in 1835. The present Calcutta Medical College was the first medical college of its kind in India that taught European Medicine in the Asian continent.
During the British reign in India, the students irrespective of their caste and creed were taught in the Medical College in Kolkata. Medical Profession is a serious vocation and cracking the medical entrance examination (Joint Entrance Examination) for getting admission in any of the reputed medical colleges in Kolkata is a difficult task.
After completing 12th Standard, a student is eligible to appear in the entrance examination to get admission in MBBS course or BDS course according to the rank scored in the Joint Entrance Examination.
Kolkata also has colleges that teach Homeopathic Medicines and Ayurvedic medicines. Here is a list of Medical Colleges in Kolkata that offer courses in medicine.
1. Calcutta Medical College
88, College St,
Ph No: 2413929
2. N.R.Sircar Medical College
138 , A J C Bose Rd,
Ph No: 2447786
3. R.G.Kar Medical College
1, Belgachia Rd,
Ph No: 5557656
4. Calcutta National Medical College
24 Gorachand Road,
5. Dr. R Ahmed Dental College
114 A.J.C.Bose Road
Ph No: 2465771
6. National Institute of Cholera & Enteric Diseases
P-33, CIT Road
Scheme XM Beliagahata,
7. Indian Institute of Chemical Biology
4 Raja S.C. Mullick Road,
Ph No:733491, 734503
8. Institute of Graduate Medical Education and Research
244 A.J.C. Bose Road,
9. The Calcutta Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital
265/66 A. P. C. Road,
10. D.N. De Homeopathic Medical College and Hospital
63, A. P. C. Road,
11. National Institute of Homeopathy
Block GE, Sector III, Salt Lake,
12. International Institute of Ayurveda & Oriental Subjects
43/H, Ultadanga Road,
13. Open Univ. of Alternate Medicines
3, Canal Street,