Why is Anand City Famous?
The city of Anand is famous for being the Milk Capital of India. The milk revolution and establishment of Amul Dairy have brought the city to the limelight. Anand is home to Anand Agricultural University and the National Dairy Development Board of India. The city is also renowned for Karamsad and Vallabh Vidhyanagar, which is an academic community in the city.
The city has witnessed speedy economic development in areas like Karamsad Road and Anand Vallabh Vidya Nagar. Anand is on the right course to getting the status of a Municipal Corporation with the annexation of different neighboring rural areas such as Lambhvel, Chikhodra, Bakrol, V. V Nagar, Mogri and others.
Geographical features of Anand
The geographical coordinates of the city of Anand are 22.57° North and 72.93° east.? The mean altitude of the city is 127 feet or 39 meters. The city encompasses a land area of 22.7 sq km or 8.8 sq miles. The metropolitan region of the city covers 172 sq km which incorporates 25 villages bordering the city.
Population of Anand
According to statistics provided in 2010, the population of Anand is 300,462.
Demographic features of Anand
About 52% of the population of the city is male and 48% female. The mean literacy rate of the city is 78% and this surpasses the countrywide mean of 59.5%. Males represent 55% of the literate people and females 45%. About 11% of the people living in the city are below the age of six years.
Famous Educational Institutes in Anand
Given below are the names of the well-known educational institutes in Anand:
- Takshashila Vidyalaya, Boriavi
- Angel School
- Anand High School
- Kasturba Kanya Vidyalaya
- D N High School (Also known as Dadabhai Navaroji High School)
- Kendriya Vidyalaya
- Akshar Purshottam Chaatralaya
- Anandalaya Education Society- The Best CBSE School in the area
- Vrajbhoomi International School - Mogar (VISMA)
- Pintos' High School, Bakrol
- K.J.Thakkar and J.P. Thakkar Eng medium school
- St. Xavier's High School
- BJ Vidya Mandal, also known as BJVM
- D. Z. Patel Higher Secondary School
- D. N. High School
- Sri Sri Ravishankar Vidya Mandir
- B. Patel School
- Pioneer High School
- Bavis Gam Vidhvyalaya
- Academic Institutes
- Department of Mathematics
- Extension Education Institute
- Anand Agricultural University
- D. Patel Institute of Technology - New V. V. Nagar
- SMC College of Dairy Science
- Veterinary College
- B A College of Agriculture
- Anand Homeopathic College
- Institute of Rural Management
- Birla Vishwakarma Mahavidyalaya College of Engineering, V. V. Nagar
- Sardar Patel University - V. V Nagar
- M.U. Patel Technical High School - V.V. Nagar
- M.B. Patel Science College
- Institute of Science & Technology for Advanced Studies & Research
- VP Science College - V.V. Nagar
- Sanskruti Education And Charitable Trust
- NV Patel Science College: It is an ISO 9001:2000 Certified Institution
- GH Patel MBA Institute
- Anand Commerce College
- AD Institute of Technology
- GH Patel MCA Institute
- Rajratna P T Patel Science College
- G H Patel College of Engineering & Technology
- Nirmal Niketan
- Anand Homeopathy College
- Home Science College
- Karamsad Medical College
- Information Technology Center, Mogri
- Nalini Arvind Arts College
- Anand Commerce College
- ICFAI University Tripura
- Anand Mercantile College of Science and Technology
Anand Milk Union Limited or Amul was established in 1946. It is the result of a famous dairy co-operative movement in the country. Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd. or GCMMF uses it as a brand name and supervises it as the topmost cooperative institution in the country. The owners of Amul are around 2.6 million milk manufacturers in the state.
The products manufactured by Amul include chocolates, baby food, butter, cheese, and milk-based beverages.
Other than India, Amul is also serving international locations like UAE, Mauritius, Bangladesh, USA, China, Australia, Hong Kong, Singapore, and some nations in South Africa.
Location and Transportation of Anand
Lying on the itinerary of Western Railway, the city is situated between Vadodara and Ahmedabad. The distance of the city from Gandhinagar, the capital of Gujarat is 101 km.
Anand is a major railway junction. Godhra and Dakor, two important Hindu religious spots are connected to the city via a broad gauge line.
Main Line Multiple Units or MEMUs run on this itinerary. In addition, a few passenger trains are also available that offer usual services. It is linked to Khambat (also known as Cambay) via a branch line as well.
Diesel Multiple Units or DMUs run on the itinerary. However, they are yet to get electrification. There are five platforms in Anand Railway Junction. Platforms 1, 2, 3, and 5 are on the main line and platform number 4 lies on the branch line connecting Godhra. A new platform is being built on the branch line from the Godhra line connecting Ahmedabad, which will create a triangle.
The National Express highway which connects Vadodara to Ahmedabad, runs across Anand as well.
The closest airports to the city are Ahmedabad and Baroda airports. The distance from the city is 65 Km and 40 Km respectively.
Popular Festivals and Tourist Attractions in Anand
The most famous festival in Anand is the Navratri. The festivities are organized with traditional dances such as Dandia and Garba. The mandir at Dakor is a famous tourist spot in the city and is located at 94 km from Ahmedabad and Vadodara. The mandir is dedicated to Lord Krishna. Other tourist attractions in the city include the following:
- Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and Veer Vithalbhai Patel Memorial
- The Amul Dairy Cooperative Museum of Anand
- Darbar Ghat
- Jain Temple of Stambhan Parshvanath Jinalaya
- BD Rao College Museum
- Swaminarayan Mandir
Popular Hotels in Anand
The most famous hotels in the city are as follows:
- Madhubhan Resort & Spa
- Savshanti Anandam Club Hotel
- Laksh Residency Hotel
- Pooja International Hotel
- Surabhi Regency Hotel
- Relax Hotel
- Decent Hotel
- Surya Motel Inn
- La Casa Inn
- Rama Residency Hotel
|Find Distance from Anand to other Indian Cities|