Auto Expo 2016 Action on Day 1 and Day 2
The Expo this year has added an additional 6 halls over the existing 8 to take the total number to 14 halls with a total floor area of 79,000 meters.
Some of the major vehicles unveiled were: This year’s Auto Expo is attracting a lot of attention for the slew of new launches in the SUV and Crossover, Luxury Sedan and Two-wheeler space.
Maruti Vitara Brezza
The Vitara Brezza is a sub-four meter compact SUV from Maruti which has been designed and created in India using 98% locally manufactured components. The vehicle will be offered in 6 variants.
- Dimensions: 3,995mm (L) x 1,790mm (W) x 1,640mm (H)
- Engine: 1.3 litre Multijet Diesel Engine 89 bhp ; 1.5 litre engine will be launched later
- Torque: 200 Nm peak
- Expected mileage: 24-25 kmpl
- Airbags: 2 (front)
- Brakes: ABS ; electronic brake force distribution
- Expected price: between Rs 7 lakh – Rs 10 lakh
Jeep Grand Cherokee
The true blue SUV that competes internationally with the likes of JLR’s Discovery Sport, BMW X3 and Audi Q5 now arrives in India.
- Engine: 3.0 litre ; V6 Diesel CRDI ; 237 bhp. The SRT version comes with V8 that throws up 475 bhp and can hit 0-100 kmph in 4.8 seconds.
- Transmission: 8 speed AT 4-wheel drive
- Maximum power: 240@3600
- Maximum torque: 570@2000
- Expected price: Rs 50-65 lakh ; Rs 1.2 crore for the SRT version
This Crossover compact SUV is expected to get a good response in India.
- Engine: 2.0 litre CRDi churning out 182.5 bhp; 1.7 litre CRDi churns 114 bhp
- Transmission: 5 speed manual with choice of AWD and FWD; 6 speed AT
- Expected price: Rs 17-21 lakh
Toyota Innova Crysta MPV
The Innova makeover is much anticipated by a market that has already recognized and accepted its utility under Indian market conditions. Crysta MPV is based on the Toyota New Global Architecture (TNGA) platform and is a significant design and feature upgrade over the earlier version and feels closer to the successful Fortuner range.
- Engine: 2.0 litre VVTi which churns out 137 bhp with maximum Torque of 183 Nm
- 2.4 litre GD diesel engine is 10% more efficient than the earlier version and churns out 147 bhp with maximum Torque of 342 Nm in the manual version and 360 Nm in the automatic one.
- Price: Rs 10 – 16 lakh
Audi R8 V10 Plus
This second generation R8 V10 PLUS was first shown in Geneva Auto Show in 2015 and now makes its debut in India. The premium sports car attracted a lot of attention and caters to the upper luxury sports loving clientele.
Car: Comes in 2-seater version with an all-aluminum body. The car is 50 kg lighter than the previous version and can shut 5 out its 10 cylinders automatically to improve fuel efficiency. The steering wheel comes with 20 customizable controls where the driver can adjust the engine start-up and exhaust sound.
- Engine: 5.2 litre naturally aspirated engine churning out 610 bhp and can touch a top speed of 330 kmph with 0-100 kmph in just 3.2 seconds.
- Torque: 57.10 kgm
- Expected price: Rs 2.47 crore
This sixth generation iconic car from Ford makes its debut in India and is likely to be available in 2 versions; 2.3 litre and a 5.0 litre V8 engine. This beast from Ford is expected to fit the sports lovers expectation while also fitting into the city driving conditions.
- Engine: 2.3 litre EcoBoost direct fuel injection churning out 315 PS maximum power
- Maximum Torque: 434 Nm
- Engine: V8 5.0 EcoBoost churning out 421 PS
- Maximum Torque: 524 Nm
- Transmission: 6 speed manual ; 6 speed AT
- Expected price: Rs 45-50 lakh for 2.3 litre ; Rs 55-60 lakh for the V8 5.0 litre
This Maruti crossover hatchback is the company’s response to the Renault KWID and the Mahindra KUV100. The vehicle will be available in 2 engine variants.
- Engine: 1.0 litre Dualjet petrol engine churning out 68 bhp ; 1.2 litre Dualjet petrol engine with SHVS mild hybrid system churning out 89.7 bhp
- Dimensions: 3700 mm (L) x 1660 mm (W) x 1595 (H)
- Wheelbase: 2438 mm
- Transmission: 5 speed AMT
- Expected price: Rs 6 lakh
Tata Zica (to be renamed)
Tata is betting big on the all new hatchback Zica (to be renamed shortly) to regain lost market share. The car is slated to be positioned between the Bolt and the Nano.
- Engine: 1047cc 1.05 litre Revotorq 3-cylinder CRDi diesel engine with Multi Drive.
- Maximum Power: 70 PS @ 4,000 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 140 Nm @ 1800 – 3000 rpm
- Transmission: 5 speed manual
- Top speed: 150 kmph
- Mileage: 20 km (city and highway); 17 kmpl (city) ; 23 kmpl (highway)
- Dimension: 3746 mm (L) x 1647 mm (W) x 1535 mm (H)
- Boot space: 242 litres
- Expected Price: Rs 4 lakh
Watch this space for more action in the coming days!
Explore More :
- Exclusive Photographs from Auto Expo 2016
- Auto Expo 2016
- Rise of Luxury Cars in India
- Most Awaited Bikes in India in 2016
- Photographs from Auto Expo – 2014
- Outdoor Stunts At The Auto Expo 2014
- Top 10 Cars under Rs. 5 lakh in India
- Automotive blogs of the world
- Driverless Automobile: Anticipations and Apprehensions