Andhra Style Peanut Chutney Recipe
I love Andhra food for its spicy nature, in fact there is hardly a week, that I don’t go out to an Andhra restaurant. We usually have so many different dishes for breakfast like parathas, idli, dosa etc. and as per Indian traditions we all love chutney with nearly all these dishes. So today I made an Andhra style chutney using peanuts, the peanuts are fried with some spices and then spiced again with some tadka. This chutney goes perfectly with all dishes as an accompaniment and is uniquely spiced for a perfect taste. So at times we should get away from the usual chutney and achaar and make and have something different and this Andhra Style Peanut Chutney Recipe lets you do just that. So lets see how to make this quickly and easily at home. Enjoy!
Ingredients needed for Andhra Style Peanut Chutney
- Peanuts unsalted – 1 cup
- Onions – 1/2 cup (cut in small pieces)
- Tomatoes – 1/2 cup (cut in small pieces)
- Green chili – 2 (cut in small pieces)
- Garlic – 4/5 cloves
- Red dry chilies – 4/5
- Salt to taste
- Tamarind juice – 2 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
How to make Andhra Style Peanut Chutney
Preparation time:10 min
Cooking time:10 min
- Roast the peanuts on a tava till lightly browned. Keep separate.
- In a pan take 1 tbsp oil and fry onions, tomatoes, garlic and green chili.
- Mix with roasted peanuts and blend in a blender with little water to form a chutney.
- In a small pan take 1 tbsp and make a tadka with dry red chilies and curry leaves and add to the chutney.
- Serve with breakfast or any course during the day.