Preparation time – 10 min.
Cooking time – 10 min.
Peanuts are the basic nuts and consumed in India on a large scale. We all have grown up eating these peanuts or moongfali in various different forms. India is, in fact, the second largest producer of peanuts in the world, with many products such as oil and flour available in the market. Peanuts are very rich in proteins and nutrients like iron and magnesium, and also give a good amount of dietary fiber. Peanuts are also a great ingredient to food lovers as they can be had in multiple variations. We’ll see today how to make an amazing and delicious Peanut Masala. Peanut Masala goes very well as a snack or starter, and is great over a chit-chat with friends. This is one of the easiest and quickest things to prepare when you have someone coming over and are short on time or other ingredients. Just make sure to always have raw unsalted peanuts available in your kitchen and enjoy the lovely Peanut Masala.
All you need is (serves 4)
- Raw and unsalted peanuts – 1 cup
- Tomato – 1/2 cup (cut in small pieces)
- Onion – 1/2 cup (cut in small pieces)
- Green chilies – 2/3 (cut in small pieces)
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice – 2 tbsp
Peanut Masala Recipe
- Add peanuts, tomato, onions, green chili in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the chili powder, chaat masala, salt and mix well.
- Add lemon juice and oil and toss.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve fresh.