All total there are 14 Nagpur talukas into which the five sub divisions of Nagpur district has been divided. These talukas which are also known as tehsils are nothing but small towns or cities that hold certain administrative powers over the municipalities and villages that lie within its governance. The main function of these talukas in Nagpur is to maintain the land records of their area and to look after other administrative issues connected with it.
- Saoner : Kamleshwar and Saoner
- Katol : Narkhed and Katol
- Umred : Kuhi, Umred and Bhiwapur
- Ramtek : Parshioni, Ramtek and Mouda
- Nagpur : Kamptee, Nagpur(City), Hingna and Nagpur(Rural)
Brief of the 14 talukas at Nagpur
- Kamleshwar: Spread over an area of 50,515.69 hectares of land, the main occupation of the people of this taluka in Nagpur is agriculture.
- Saoner: Also known as Savner, this tehsil is spread over an area of 62130.74 hectares of land. The main occupation of people in this land is farming.
- Narkhed: It is spread over an area of 15494.11 hectares of land and has farming as the main occupation of people living there.
- Katol: It covers an area of 80224.84 hectares of land and the people there make their living mainly through farming.
- Hingna: The main occupation of the people of this tehsil is farming.
- Nagpur Rural: Its land area measures around 64344.60 hectares. People here are mainly engaged in farming and farm works.
- Umred: The area of this tehsil measures around 89116.55 hectares. People in this area are mainly employed in the service sector, farming and fishing.
- Bhiwapur: It is spread over an area of 61323.62 hectares of land. The main occupation of the people here is farming and other farm related works.
- Kuhi: It unfolds an area of 79495.88 hectares of land. People are mainly employed in farming.
- Kamthi: This tehsil covers a land area of 42287.56 hectares of land and people are mainly employed in the motor and railway industry. Farming is also done on a large scale.
- Mauda: This tehsil is spread over an area of 61293.17 hectares of land and farming is the major occupation of the people here.
- Nagpur City: This tehsil covers an area of 20904.32 hectares of land. People are mainly employed in the service sector or involved in business.
- Ramtek: This is spread over an area of 56701.55 hectares of land. People here are mainly engaged in farming and farm works.
- Parshivani: This taluka unfolds an area of 54909.32 hectares and farming is the main occupation of people here.
Last Updated on 9/26/2011