Lonavala gives you amazing views of cascading waterfalls during the monsoon. A visit to this place can be coupled with that of the Karla, Bhaja, and Bedsa caves.
The chief attractions of Lonavala are:
- Numerous lakes such as Tugauli, Lonavala, Bhushi, Valvan lake
- Beautiful dam
- A garden as well as a Pisiculture center.
Karla and Bhaja Caves lies on the hills near Lonavala. There are the rock-cut cave temples of 2nd century BC and are one of the oldest examples of Buddhist rock cut temple styles in India. Adventure lovers can go for rock climbing at the Duke's Nose peak and in the Karla hills, near Lonavala.
Other places of interest include:
- Satayam Shivam Sundaram
- Bhushi Dam
- Lohagad Fort
- Kaivalya Dham Yoga Center
- Bhairavnath Deva Sthan
You can reach Lonavala by:
- Air: Nearest airport lies in Pune at which is at a distance 64 kilometers.
- Rail: Lonavala is on the main railway line between Mumbai and Pune.
- Road: Lonavala lies on the Mumbai Pune Highway. It is 104 kilometers from Mumbai and 64-kilometers from Pune. The bus facility between Lonavala and Pune is good.
Last Updated on : 23 May 2013