BSES Kerala Power Ltd. is a subsidiary company of Reliance Energy Limited and the company is co-funded by the Reliance Energy Group as well as the Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation Limited. The Reliance Energy Limited and its associates hold 86.32% shares in the company while the Kerala State Industrial Development Corporation holds the rest 13.68% of equity shares.
Bombay Suburban Electric Supply LimitedBSES Kerala Power Ltd was previously a subsidiary company of BSES or the Bombay Suburban Electric Supply Limited. This company was one of the premier power sector companies and was established in the year 1929. The company was set up to mainly serve the region in and around Mumbai and caters to the needs of 2.23 million Consumers of the Mumbai suburban region.
Combined Power Station at KochiIn 1999, BSES had acquired the rights of the BSES Kerala Power Ltd. company and had established the 165 MW naphtha fueled Combined power station at Kochi, Kerala. This Combined power station started working since November 23, 2001 and since then has been providing power to the Kerala State Electricity Board. This project was financed by the Canara Bank and this is the first time that such a power project has been financed by the private banks. The BSES Kerala Power Ltd. has entered into an agreement with the Indian Oil Corporation for providing a regular supply of naphtha or LNG, the alternative fuel used in the power station.
The Power Load Factor (PLF) of the Kochi Power Station for the year 2005-06 was 99%. This proves that the BSES Kerala Power Ltd., has hugely benefited from its merging with the Reliance Energy Limited.