The school was founded in the year 1866 at Holly Lodge on Jakhu on the opinion of Bishop Cotton's wife. On 6th November 1869 the school was shifted to the Auckland House.
As per the principal of Auckland House School, "this school is a home away from home" where the girls are nurtured with confidence and their overall personality is developed so that they can take up any challenge in life.
The education of this school is established on the teachings and life of Jesus Christ. The slogan of the school is "Altiora Peto" meaning "I seek the higher things".
General Information about Auckland House School, Shimla :
- The school is located on the Elysium Hill which is cited as one of the beautiful and healthy place as its neither sunbaked in summer nor frozen in winter.
- This school is a Minority institution whose working is supervised by the Diocese of Amritsar, Church of North India and its own governing body whose chair man is the Bishop of Amritsar.
- This school is accredited by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi and the Department of Education of Himachal Pradesh.
- The whole academic year is divided into three terms starting from March and ending in early December.
- The extra curricular activities include Dramas, Elocutions and Debates in Hindi, English and Punjabi, First Aid and Home Nursing.
- The School has a own Girls Guide company. The school also organizes regular excursions, picnics, camps and some adventurous expeditions.
Last Updated on : 29/05/2013