This hilly resort of Barog is under the cover of enormous pine trees on all sides. The place is ideal for a visit both during the summers and winters. Snowfall takes place in winter.
The graveyard of Barog, is a tourist spot now. The tranquil and solitary backdrop attracts tourists to Barog.
The walk towards Choordhar Mountains will leave you dumbstruck with the captivating view of the peak. The Spencer restaurant at Barog is well known for its food especially cutlet.
Some hotels at Barog are:
One of the specialty of Barog is that it is the only India hill station that has got a registered site for camping where tourists can put up their tents.
Buses and taxis can be availed from both Shimla and Kalka to reach Barog. Besides travelling in train can be a joyful experience.
For excursions from Barog, one can go to Kasauli, Mandi, Paonta Sahib, Renuka Lake and Bilaspur region.
The major attractions of Barog are:
- Dagashai (7 km)- Consists of an ancient church.
- Solan (8 km)- The temple of Shoolini Devi is situated here. The other spots are children park, Mohan park, Jawahar Park, a mini zoo, Central State Library, Lower and Upper Bazaar, Mall road, Durga Temple, Sanatan Dharm Mandir, Hari and Narsingh Mandir.
- Jatoli (15 km)- Houses Vishal Shiva Temple.
- Renuka- It is the home of the largest Himachali lake.
- Rajgarh- Consists of Habban and Nacchna picnic spots.
Last Updated on : 29/05/2013