He built a hydel power plant near Sukrahatti village which later on came to be known as Joginder Nagar.
The ideal time for visiting the place is during the months of May to October.
Winters are very cold but the summers are warm and pleasant.
Joginder Nagar Sightseeing:
- Macchiyal lake- There is a beautiful and placid lake here dedicated to Machendru Devta.
- Bassi Power House- This place is an ideal spot for picnicking.
- Bir- This place houses a monastery that is worth visiting.
- Bajinath- Bajinath is a place that is known for the famous temple of Bajinath dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Jhatingri- The summer palace of the Mandi rulers can be found here amidst dense forest of deodars at the hill top.
- Barot- The place has got a reservoir and has got a place suitable for angling. Nearby is situated the Nargu Wild Life Sanctuary which is the abode to Ghorals, Black Bear and other wild animals.
However they can go to Mandi or Kangra to search for a comfortable stay. The HPTDC owns the hotel Uhl at Joginder Nagar.
The other places of visit includes Gumma and the haulage trolley.
There is an artificial water fall at the converging point of rivers Lambadag and Uly. For holidaying, Joginder Nagar is a nice place where there are options for fishing ,trekking and wonderful sightseeing.
Last Updated on : 29/05/2013