It has been transformed into a busy industrial area from a merely small village gradually over the years.
The town of Parwanoo is the center of many factories like the plastic factories, the motor parts factories, fruit based products and so on.
Parwanoo is taken by the tourists as their base wherefrom they travel to various places located closeby.
- Renuka- Renuka is a beautiful lake and is considered to be the largest in Himachal Pradesh.
- Subathu- The famous Gorkha Fort is of prime attraction of this place.
- Dagshai- The place houses an ancient church amidst the track of pine and deodar.
- Pinjore- The intricately designed sprawling gardens of the Mughal times can be found here.
- Kasauli- It is famous for the Monkey Point. The hill station has got its own appeal.
Parwanoo is accessible from both Kalka and Chandigarh by buses and cabs. Moreover Chandigarh is the nearest airport to Parwanoo. For the convenience of the tourists there are a number of hotels at Parwanoo that offers a comfortable stay. The HPTDC has got the hotel of 'The Shiwalik' at Parwanoo. The ideal time of visiting the place of Parwanoo is during the months of July and September.
Last Updated on : 29/05/2013