Shimla sightseeing is the most exciting one where one can take the enjoyment of the pleasurable climate of the hill station alongwith its scenic beauty. Shimla is a worth visiting hill station. This page gives a list of some of the places that are an important part of Shimla sightseeing.
- Ridge- This ridge of Shimla gives a spectacular sight of the ice-covered mountain peaks. Tourists also can have a look of the Tudor library and the Christ Church from this ridge.
- Mall- The mall is an ideal spot for shopping and tourists have a major attraction to this place for the place besides catering to shops also have a theater and a number of good eating joints.
- Jakhoo temple- The temple being situated at the highest peak of Shimla gives a stunning view of the Shimla town. The temple is dedicated to Lord Hanuman. So tourists visit this place for offering prayers before the idol.
- State museum- This is the abode to excellent paintings, handicrafts, textiles and stone carvings of Himachal Pradesh.
- Chadwick fall- The sight of the amazing waterfall of Chadwick being surrounded by thick forests and bushes from all around is very exciting.
- Summer hill- This hilly path with trees shading the way is ideal for a pleasurable walk.
- Narkanda- This is an important part of Shimla sightseeing as it gives an enchanting view of the mountain ranges being enveloped in white snow.
- Jubbal- Jubbal has been a very exciting tourist destination as it embraces the history of an age old palace that has been a conglomeration of the European and indigenous architecture.
- Prospect hill- This place turns out to be an ideal spot for picnic. The temple of Kamana Devi is situated here.
- Viceregal Lodge- This is the President's house which is now the center of the Institute of Advanced Studies
- Annadale- This place is found just below the ridge and is a spot for picnic and other sports.
- Glen- This is also a nice spot for the picnic planners with a dazzling stream flowing behind.
Some temples of Shimla:
- Kali Bari temple
- Sankat Mochan temple
- Raghunath temple
- Ayodhya temple
- The Ridge
- The Mall
- Shimla palace
- State Museum
- Jaku Hills
- Summer Hill
- Prospect Hill
- Scandal Point
- Lakkad Bazar
- Chandwich Falls
- Monkey Point
- Hattu Peak
Last Updated on : 4/10/2012
Panoramic View of shimla