Health care Industry of India
- The rapidly increasing health care industry of India is one of country's largest sectors, both in terms of revenue and employment.
The continuous increase in the population of India is considered one of the principal reasons for the growth in the healthcare industry of India.
The rise in the infectious as well as chronic degenerative diseases has contributed to the rise in the healthcare sector of India.
Additionally, because of diseases like AIDS and several lifestyle diseases of India, the healthcare sector of India will have a constant growth.
Health care Infrastructure
In spite of the fact that the Indian healthcare industry is rapidly expanding, healthcare infrastructure in India is very poor. A noticeable percentage of India suffers from poor standard of healthcare services. Most of the healthcare facilities of India provided by the various healthcare services are limited and of low standard. In order to understand the current status of the healthcare services in India, it is important to know about the different healthcare services found in the country. Public health services, essential public health services, preventive health services, mental healthcare services, home health services, magellen health service and school health services are some of the healthcare services found in India.
Companies providing Health Insurance in IndiaThe various companies providing health insurance policies in India can also be put under the healthcare services of India. Some of the companies that provide health insurance coverage in India are Appollo DKV Insurance Company Ltd., Bajaj Alliance General Insurance Co. Ltd., Birla Sun Life Insurance, Aviva Life Insurance and the like.
Points to note
- It has been found out that while the private health services have been rising for meet the needs of the rich citizens and foreigners, public health services in India are lagging behind and suffering in a major way.
- It has also been found out that less than 1% of the GDP is spent on the public health care services in India.
- In addition, a number of drugs and even many diagnostic tests are still unavailable in the public health care sector of India.
- Most of the hospitals, one of the prime healthcare services in India, are located in the urban areas, thereby making it almost impossible for the rural people to access.