Bank of Baroda

Bank of Baroda was established in 1908 by Sir Sayajirao Gaekwad. It was established on 20th July, 1900 under the Companies Act of 1897. The bank started with a capital of Rs. 10 lacs. It is the fifth largest bank in the country, which was nationalized in the year 1969.

The Bank of Baroda, which plays an integral role in the economy of Gujarat, was established with a vision to proliferate trade and industry in Vadodara. The bank has about 2708 branches throughout India. About 490 branches of the bank are situated in the metro cities of India. Besides, the Bank of Baroda possess about 495 urban and 561 semi-urban branches throughout the country and about 63 branches in the foreign countries. Bank of Baroda has 11 zonal offices and 43 regional offices in India. The main branch of the bank is located in Sayaji Ganj in Baroda; whereas, the corporate center is located at Bandra Kurla Complex in Mumbai.

The overseas branches of the bank are located in United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Mauritius, Hong Kong, United Kingdom, Republic of South Africa, Sultanate of Oman, Bahamas, Singapore, Fiji Islands, Seychelles and Belgium. The subsidiaries of the bank are located Guyana, Uganda, Trinidad and Tobago, Botswana, Tanzania and Kenya. Bank of Baroda also has representative offices in China, Thailand, Malaysia and Australia. The bank also has a joint venture with Indo Zambia Bank Limited, situated in Lusaka.

Given below is the list of the board of directors of Bank of Baroda:
  • Dr. Anil K Khandelwal
  • Smt. Masarrat Shahid
  • Shri G.C. Chaturvedi
  • Shri A. Somasundaram
  • Dr. Dharmendra Bhandari
  • Shri V. Santhanaraman
  • Shri Maulin A. Vaishnav
  • Shri Milind N. Nadkarni
  • Dr. Deepak Bhaskar Phatak
  • Shri Satish C. Gupta
Last Updated on: 8/05/2013