One of the latest beauty trends currently that everyone is talking about is paraben-free and sulphate-free products. Parabens are chemicals used in makeup, skincare, haircare (shampoo, conditioners), hygiene products etc. Parabens get used in these products to enhance their shelf life and stop any bacterias from growing. Clients often look for long-lasting products, so they do not have to go through the hassle of buying them frequently and store it to use them multiple times. Storing products can give birth to bacteria without us knowing because no one does bacteria checks; also, there is no possible way to do so. This is why paraben gets used for such products required for makeup, skin and hair care.
Sulphates are very low priced detergents that are also used to make products like soap, shampoos etc. The lather foam made in shampoos and soaps is because of the sulphates. Sulphates are harmful to the skin and hair because of the materials used to make them. They cause skin irritation and hair problems like hair fall, split ends, dryness, uneven texture of hair. Paraben is also harmful to the skin and hair. They also diminish the usual pH level required for skin and hair, making it more prone to damage and diseases. One more critical disadvantage of sulphate and paraben is that they are harmful to hair and skin and to the environment as well. As the products are experimented with before they are launched and sold on the market. They contribute to the environmental damage on a high level.
Different brands have switched to or launched paraben-free and sulphate-free products with all the disadvantages in mind that products with sulphate and paraben provide. Customers often complain and provide feedback with problems that the sulphate and paraben cause, such as hair fall, dry skin, damaged skin and hair quality. To address those issues and serve the customers well with their problems, many beauty brands have now paraben-free and sulphate-free products.
Advantages of Paraben Free and Sulphate Free products:
- The natural essential produced by the skin and hair is not damaged or completely diminished
- Reduces hair fall, dry skin, skin damage
- Improved hair texture, skin sensitivity
- It suits almost everyone, minimising the possibilities of damage
- Better for the environment because natural ingredients get used mostly
- Happy Customers, Happy Company
Disadvantages of Paraben-Free and Sulphate-Free products:
- Shampoos that are paraben-free and sulphate-free reduces the moisture
- No lather is produced, which sometimes leaves the user to stay in confusion whether the hair gets cleaned correctly or not
- It is difficult to identify how much a product is claiming to be sulphate-free or paraben-free
Sulphate free and paraben-free products are in trend now as they claim to minimise the most concerning problems like hair fall, skin damage, dandruff, dryness of skin and hair etc. Many Indian and Non-Indian brands have launched products that are paraben-free and sulphate-free. Those brands are also receiving good responses from their customers.