Argan oil gets extracted from the kernels of fruits from the Argan tree. Argan oil is one of the most popularly used ingredients for hair and skin care. Argan oil is usually not used directly, instead of products that contain Argan oil. Argan oil is highly beneficial for the skin and hair.
How is Argan oil benefits the skin?
- Moisturizes the skin- Argan oil consists of a good amount of Vitamin E, which preserves the skin’s hydration and keeps it moisturized.
- Works as a great cleanser- Applying Argan oil twice a week on acne-prone or oily skin may help in reducing the production of sebum, which causes acne or the skin to be oily.
- Reduces signs of ageing- Argan oil improves the skin’s elasticity, which helps make the skin look youthful prevent the skin from developing wrinkles and other signs of ageing.
- Reduces hyperpigmentation- The Vitamin-E compounds found in Argan oil helps in reducing dark spots and pigmentations on the skin.
- Prevents sun damage- The antioxidant properties in Argan oil prevents the skin from damages caused by the sun, such as suntan or dark spots.
How is Argan oil benefits the hair?
- Conditions the hair- Argan oil is rich in Vitamin, and fatty acids like oleic and linoleic acid, which helps maintain the moisture of the hair.
- Better scalp health- The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties in Argan oil prevents dandruff and hair fall as well.
- Frizz-free hair- Using a hair serum after hair wash helps lock in moisture and prevents the hair from becoming frizzy. A few drops of Argan oil can be used as a serum to control the hair from becoming frizzy.
- Promotes hair growth- Argan oil contains phenol which encourages hair growth.
- Protects from sun damage- Argan oil consists of anti-inflammatory and antioxidants properties that protect from the sun.
Argan oil comes with many benefits for the skin and hair as well. People can use argan oil directly on the skin and hair. Many products are now available in the market claiming to provide the benefits of Argan oil for hair and skin. Skincare products of Argan oil include moisturizer, serum, facial oil, cleanser, and cold-pressed oil. Haircare products, which consist of Argan oil, include- shampoo, conditioner, hair mask, and serums.