Masala Chicken Curry is probably the most common chicken dish served in north India. It is usually available in most dhabas and restaurants. Although there is no comparison to making it yourself and believe me anyone can actually make this amazing curry. Enjoy it with some nice hot chapatis or white rice. The flavor in chicken comes from its masala so it is very important that the masala paste is prepared carefully. It should not be over done as it starts to taste bad, while under doing gives raw masala taste in the curry. The recipe gives you the method and tells you when the masala is actually ready. So impress your family today with a nice hot masala chicken curry.
Ingredients needed for Masala Chicken Curry
- Chicken – 1 kg
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Dry red chilies – 5-6
- Onion – 3 finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1tsp
- Tomatoes – 2 finely chopped
- Salt – as per taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/2tsp
- Red chili powder – 1tsp
- Coriander powder – 2tsp
- Garam masala – 1/2tsp
- Chicken masala – 2tsp
- Coriander to garnish
How to make Masala Chicken Curry
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottom pan.
- Add chopped onions and fry till they start turning light golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste while stirring and continue frying.
- Add red chilies and continue frying till onions are golden brown.
- Add the dry masala and fry till the oil comes out from the sides, this indicates that masala is cooked just right.
- Add tomatoes and fry for a minute.
- Add chicken with 1 cup water and let it cook with occasional stirring so it does not stick to bottom.
- Garnish with coriander and serve hot with chapati or white rice.