Teekhe Malai Mushroom
This is a flavourful take on making mushrooms. This is a very rich (read: calories!) dish and is very tasty as well. You will find yourself guiltily going in for a second and a third helping.
- 250 grams medium-sized mushrooms
- 100 grams fresh malai (If using packaged thick cream, start with 50 grams.)
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves
- Paste of 2 onions, freshly made
- 4 pieces of black cardamom
- 4 pieces of cloves
- 4 pieces of pepper corns
- 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom powder
- 1/2 cinnamon stick broken into 2-3 pieces
- 1 tablespoon of coarse roasted cashewnut powder or small pieces of roasted cashewnut
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cooking oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- Amchoor to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
How To Make Teekhe Malai Mushroom
- Clean mushrooms thoroughly and bring them to room temperature. Leave the mushrooms as they are after trimming their stems.
- Set up your kadhai and add the butter to it.
- Once the butter is melted, add ginger-garlic paste to the kadhai.
- Toss in the mushrooms till they are done.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer them from the kadhai and keep them aside.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of cooking oil to the kadhai.
- Add the onion paste. Cook till half done.
- Add all spices/ masalas except green cardamom powder and chilli flakes.
- Add the malai and allow it to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Cook for a while on low heat allowing it to release its aroma and unify.
- Add the cashewnuts and green cardamom powder.
- Add the chilli flakes.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Add freshly chopped coriander.