Cheesecake is a dessert that is combined with creamsicles, along with cream and cheese. The speciality of it is that it is a no-bake treat. The best time to make this cheesecake is the day before you want to serve it so that it can get the proper time to set up completely. You will need at least 5 hours of chill time, but 6-8 hours is better. Keeping it overnight to set in the refrigerator is the best amount of time, in my opinion.
You can start making the base of cheesecake from crushed cookies. But, first, you’ll have to let it chill in the fridge for about 30-45 minutes or so.
Next, mix up the cheesecake with the orange mixture. The whipped cream mixture must be added to both the cheesecake and orange mixture before layering them both on the outsides of the crust. Finally, place the orange Creamsicle Cheesecake in the fridge overnight to set it up completely.
Let’s make the creamsicle cheesecake:
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Total time: 5-6 hours
For the crust:
- Two packets of crushed oreo cookies.
- 8 tbsp. melted butter
- kosher salt (as per your taste)
FOR THE FILLING:
- One box orange Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cup whipped topping
- Two blocks of softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- kosher salt
- 1 cup whipped topping
- One orange, separated into segments and well peeled.
•Boil some water in a pan.
•Whisk the orange jell and boiling water together until the jell gets completely dissolved. Set aside to cool completely.
- Mix the crushed oreo cookies, butter, and salt into a bowl.
- Press it into the bottom of an 8″ pan and keep the sides up.
- Make the filling: Beat the cream cheese and sour cream in a large bowl until smooth.
- Now add some powdered sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Pour the whipped mixture into the cream cheese mixture, pour half of the mixture into a cooled jell. Whisk until the paste gets smooth.
- Onto the crust, Pour 1/4 cup of cream cheese and a mixture of jell until both get used up.
- With the help of a butter knife, gently swirl the layers.
- Cover and put it in a refrigerator for 6 hours, or until firm.
- When the cake gets set, decorate the cheesecake’s outside with sliced strawberries and whipped cream.
- Garnish each layer with sliced strawberries, orange zest, and serve.
Pro tip: You can also add some strawberry syrup over the cheesecake.