Imagine it’s one of those summer afternoons and you’re waiting for your date in a rooftop restaurant. You’re all sitting pretty with the perfect maxi dress, hair all done in a side-braid, fingernails decorated up, just the way you like it. You couldn’t feel any better. Then, you cross your legs to admire your new heels for one last time before ‘the real show’. And wham! You just realise your feet are sending a ringing SOS! Dead skin layer can really ruin the whole appearance of your feet. Even the best nail paints (not even matte) can’t help you then. Feet require care and some pampering. But, we won’t suggest you some overpriced, overrated salon treatment for pedicure of your feet. Rather, we would like you to strike out and try this DIY pedicure. This is effective, efficient and super cost-friendly. Scroll down to find the never-failing formula for picture-perfect feet.
What All You Need to Have?
The list is pretty straight-forward. Make sure you have the following:
- Pumice stone
- Nail cleaner
- Intense moisturising cream
- Nail cutter
- Lemon slices
- Marigold flowers
- Nail brush
- A tub of hot water
- Herbal shampoo
- Cuticle pusher
What All You Need to Do?
1. First and foremost, do cleaning. Grab acetone and clean your nails heartily. File them to the desired shape and length.
2. Now comes the most interesting part – relaxing. First, prepare a tub of soapy hot water and add marigold petals and lemon slices. Drop honey and a dollop of cream on your feet. Massage gently. Now, dip your feet in the hot tub you’ve prepared. The feeling is heavenly.
3. This will amply soften your nails and skin. This means it’s the perfect time to clean your nails with the brush. It’s also the right moment to remove dead skin settled on the heels with the pumice stone. Dry with the towel and clean the nails with the cuticle pusher and cleaner.
4. Work your way in getting rid of tan woes by rubbing lemon slices on your feet. Pat dry with a towel.
5. Now use the loofah to smooth the dead skin out. Massage into the skin with cream and honey. Wet your towel in hot water. Use it to wipe off. And there you go, a clean pair of feet.
6. Now, that you’ve got a clean slate, you’re free to carry out the glitter works. Decorate your nails with nail paint of any colour of your choice. But first, apply the base coat. This will ensure your nail colour will stay longer. When it dries, apply the first coat. Apply the second coat as well, when the first one dries. And, don’t be shy of using nail art on your toes. You’re welcome.
What do you think about this DIY pedicure routine? Tell us in the comment section below.
225 total views, 1 views today