We should be glad that our culture has so many great recipes; among these, halwa is probably one of the yummiest desserts in India. It can be made with many different ingredients like gajar (carrots), besan (gram flour), aata (wheat flour) and sooji (semolina), etc. Today I made a mixed-ingredient halwa from aata, besan and sooji, all together mixed with a lot of desi ghee. The taste just cannot be explained in words! It looked absolutely beautiful with the dry fruits garnishing. This is a perfect rich dish for special occasions and festive celebrations. Here is the Aata Besan Sooji Halwa Recipe to make.
Ingredients needed for Aata Besan Sooji Halwa
- Aata – 1/4 cup
- Besan – 1/4 cup
- Sooji – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Desi ghee – 1 cup
- Dry fruits – 1/2 cup (chopped) (I used almonds, cashew nuts and kishmish)
- Water – 2 cups
How to make Aata Besan Sooji Halwa
Preparation time: 5 min.
Cooking time: 15 min.
- Dry-roast the cut dry fruits and keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy-bottom pan or kadhai and add sooji.
- Fry till the sooji changes color.
- Add besan and atta and fry till golden brown.
- Add water and keep stirring till fluffy.
- Add sugar, mix well, and cook for 3-4 min.
- Cool slightly and garnish with dry fruits.
- Serve slightly hot.