Away from the hustle and bustle of city life, if you are seeking for a place to unwind and relax in Mumbai, the Hanging Gardens would be a nice break. A welcoming spot for kids, the garden is beautiful with a variety of flowers and well maintained greens all around. These gardens are also known as Pherozshah Mehta Gardens. It is also said that there is a huge reservoir underneath the gardens.
- Interesting animal shaped hedges and topiaries all around the park.
- A great place to capture a sunset view of the Arabian Sea.
- Well maintained pathways for a good stroll or a jog around the park. Its a great place for morning walks.
- Capturing a lot of pictures. You will cherish them all.
- The water fountains put on during the evening add to the charm of the place.
- The bird’s eye view of Marine Drive and Chowpatty.
- A small playground for kids where they will get to enjoy some basic rides likes swing, slide, see-saw, etc.
For the best experience, make sure the weather is in your favour. A hot sunny day at the garden would be dejecting and uncomfortable as there are no big trees. Beware of street hawkers.
Location: Opposite Kamla Nehru Park, Malabar Hills, Mumbai
Entry Fee: Free
Timings: 5am to 9pm (open all days)
Places around the Hanging Gardens: Kamla Nehru Park (famous for the big boot), Jain Temple, Mani Bhawan Gandhi Museum
Adlabs Imagica in Mumbai
Nehru Planetarium in Mumbai
Manori Beach in Mumbai
Flora Fountain in Mumbai
Babulnath Temple in Mumbai
Siddhivinayak Temple in Mumbai
ISKCON Temple in Mumbai
Haji Ali Dargah
How to explore the best of Mumbai in One Day
Places to See in Mumbai Film City
Places to Visit in Mumbai
Mumbai Travel Map
Mumbai Metro Map
7,567 total views, 7 views today