Unveiled on 26 October 2015, Maruti Suzuki Baleno is India’s biggest carmaker Maruti Suzuki’s latest launch. It is supposed to be the most premium of all its earlier launches and is competing against the likes of cars from Honda and Hyundai among others. Some of its major competitors are Hyundai i20, Honda Jazz, and Volkswagen Polo. As per reports, within two days of its launch, the car has witnessed 5,000 bookings. It will be priced in the range of Rs 6 to 9 lakhs.
Technical features and specifications
- Length: 3,995mm
- Width: 1, 745mm
- Height: 1,500mm
- Wheelbase: 2,520mm
- Ground Clearance: 170mm
- Boot Capacity: 339-litres
- 1.2-litre VVT Petrol
- Displacement: 1197cc
- Power: 83bhp
- Torque: 115Nm
- Transmission: 5-speed manual/ CVT
- 1.3-litre DDiS Diesel
- Displacement: 1248cc
- Power: 74bhp
- Torque: 190Nm
- Transmission: 5-speed manual
Seven colours are available, which include ray blue, autumn orange, premium urban blue, fire red, met premium silver, pearl artic white and granite grey.
- It comes with 9 variants across 4 trim levels, along with 2 transmission options and 2 engine options.
- The 4 trims are Sigma, Delta, Zeta, and Alpha. The sigma is the base level and the top version is the Alpha with all the features.
- This premium car will be sold exclusively through the company’s premium dealership range in India, Nexa
- Introduced as the ik-2 concept initially
- A more premium cabin as compared to the Swift.
- The top-end trim of this car, Alpha, comes with DRLs with LED, navigation system, voice command, alloy wheels, Apple CarPlay, reverse parking camera, etc. The provision of Apple CarPlay on the Maruti Suzuki Baleno is a first for its segment.
- Except the base trim level, Sigma, the entire line-up of Maruti Suzuki Baleno gets reverse parking sensors
Price range and capacity of the 4 versions
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Sigma 1.2: 1197cc Petrol, Manual, 21.4 kpl, 4.99 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Delta 1.2: 1197cc Petrol, Manual, 21.4 kpl, 5.71 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Sigma 1.3: 1248cc Diesel, Manual, 27.39 kpl, 6.16 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Zeta 1.2: 1197cc Petrol, Manual, 21.4 kpl, 6.31 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Delta AT 1.2: 1197cc Petrol, Automatic, 21.4 kpl, 6.76 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Delta 1.3: 1248cc Diesel, Manual, 27.39 kpl, 6.81 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Alpha 1.2: 1197cc Petrol, Manual, 21.4 kpl, 7.01 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Zeta 1.3: 1248cc Diesel, Manual, 27.39 kpl, 7.41 lakh
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno Alpha 1.3: 1248cc Diesel, Manual, 27.39 kpl, 8.11 lakh
The Baleno is the new B+ segment launch from Maruti Suzuki. This is a premium compact car, positioned above the Swift in the Maruti Suzuki range. It was first unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show in September 2015 and launched formally in India in October 2015. The Maruti Suzuki Baleno is a global product made in India for the domestic as well as global markets.