A new definition of luxury residence: World One which is presently under construction in Mumbai will be the world’s tallest residential building. Spread across 18 acres of land, it will have 117 storeys and a height of 1,400 feet. Real estate firm, Lodha Developers owns the project and is investing Rs 2,000 crores. The unique structure of the entire building assures an unobstructed view from each floor.
The construction of this finest structure started in 2011 and is scheduled for completion in 2014.
Location: Upper Worli, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Architect: Pei Cobb Freed and Partners
Engineering Consultants: Leslie E. Robertson Associates (LERA)
Amenities and Facilities: The project aims to offer luxurious residential options, shopping avenues and corporate offices. The ‘mega structure’ is deigned to resist winds and seismic movements. It will also have fully automated fire detection and sprinkler system. World One will be having the following facilities and amenities:
- Spa and club by the Sixth Senses
- Concierge service by Quintessentially
- Retail stores of world’s finest brands
- 17-floor car parking (government car park)
- 25 lifts by Schindler Elevators
- Sports club
- Solar water heating, rainwater harvesting and water recycling systems
- VRV air conditioning
- International Kitchen fittings by Bulthaup
- Italian marble flooring
- 200 meters jogging track
- Basket ball and tennis courts
World Residence: Each residence is highly spacious with curved glass living room and sundecks attached to each room. Both 3 and 4 bedroom residence options are available and the master bedroom has walk-in wardrobes and 5-fixture bathrooms.
World Villa: With a panoramic view of 270 degree from the living room’s glass, the Villa is undoubtedly like a dream home! A private pool, home theatre lounge and outdoor jacuzzi – everything is simply classy.
World Mansion: Living here will be like having an abode in the clouds. The double height living rooms of the Mansion offer an awe-inspiring 360-degree view of Mumbai.
- At a height of 1000 feet, a special, open-air observatory named ‘1000’ will be set up to enjoy the amazing views of the Arabian sea and the city. One will be able to see as far as 55 km!
- The Avenue will have restaurants, cafes, retail stores, etc to indulge and rejuvenate.
- The Museum of Mumbai (or MuMu) – It will be a modern, glassy structure, dedicated to the culture and valor of Mumbai that will narrate the tales of the city’s struggle and evolution.
- There will a public park with landscape spaces.
With the classic laureates working towards grooming this marvelous creation, Mumbai will go global and the entire India will soon get the world’s best experience to offer!