Education Blogs Briefly explain the administration of Pawanmuktasana long with its contraindications and draw...
Briefly explain the administration of Pawanmuktasana long with its contraindications and draw stick diagram. For visually impaired candidates
Briefly explain the administration of Pawanmuktasana long with its contraindications.
1. Lie on your back with your feet together and arms besides your body and relax, breathing deeply.
2. With a deep inhalation raise your legs to 90° and completely exhale.
3. Now with another inhalation bring both the knees close to your chest and press on the lower abdomen, holding the knees with your hands. Exhale completely.
4. Remain with bent knees for a few breaths. With every exhalation press the thighs and knees on the abdomen and hold them with your hands.
5. With a deep breath raise your head, neck and chest and bring them close to your knees. If possible, bring your chin in between your knees. Ensure the head moves less and the knees come closer to the face. That way the pressure on the abdominal muscles will help in releasing the unwanted gas/wind around the abdominal organs.
6. Remain in this posture for a few breaths focusing on maintaining the position of the head and neck in place. With every exhalation press the thighs closer and deeper into the chest and face deeper into the knees.
7. Try to maintain the balance while breathing slowly and keeping the body relaxed.
8. Now with an inhalation, release the neck and head and exhale completely. With another inhalation straighten the legs and bring them back to 90° and as you exhale release the leg from 90° to the relaxed posture. With complete exhalation, bring the legs stretched out on the floor and relax the neck.
9. Take a few breaths, and then continue with the next round. The longer you hold in this posture the faster the muscles around the abdomen loosen. Contraindications
To be avoided or performed under guidance by those suffering from
1. severe migraine
2. High or Low Blood Pressure
4. slip disc
5. advanced stages of spondylitis
6. Girls/Women should avoid this asana or take the guidance of the teacher while practicing it during the menstrual cycle.