हिंदी में पढ़ने के लिए यहां क्लिक करें
Check Upcoming Government Job Opportunities
National Testing Agency (NTA), under the University Grants Commission (UGC), organises NET (National Eligibility Test) which conducts the Assistant Professor Programme and the Junior Research Fellowship for the students of India. The exam allows the candidates to pursue research in their subject from IITs or other national institutions. After qualifying the exam students can also become Assistant Professors at various reputed institutions.
This year, slight changes have been introduced by NTA in the mode of conducting the exam. Previously, UGC NET was conducted offline but it is from this time that the exam will be conducted online. The syllabus, fee structure and the language of the paper will remain the same as the previous year.
For more details about UGC NET, 2018 read below
|UGC NET Dec 2018 Exam||Date|
|Application form availability commencing from||09/01/18|
|Last date for submission of application form||09/30/18|
|UGC NET Admit Card availability||11/19/18|
|Commencement of Exam||09 to 23 Dec 2018|
|Release of UGC NET 2018 Result (December)||01/10/19|
NET Exam 2018 Exam Pattern
From this year, NET will be conducted twice a year, the first one from December 9 to 23, 2018, and the second examination will be conducted in the month of July, 2019. Earlier, the NET exam was conducted in three sessions wherein candidates had to appear for three different papers but from this time there are slight changes in the pattern. Candidates will have to appear for two papers only. The positions of Assistant Professors and the Junior Research Fellowship will be given to the candidates as per their performance. However, only 6% of the total candidates who will be clearing the NET exam will be declared eligible for the post of Assistant Professor. The reservation policy applied in this exam is also 6%.
NET Exam 2018 Eligibility
The candidates who have secured 55% or more in their Master’s degree exams from a UGC recognised college are eligible to appear in the exam. The minimum percentage required to meet UGC NET eligibility criteria is 50% for the candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC or PwD.
The candidates who are awaiting results of the final year or are appearing in the final year of Master’s degree can also appear in the UGC NET 2018. However, such candidates must complete their PG degree within two years from the date of the NET result.
NET Exam Application Fee
The candidates of general category have to submit a fee of Rs. 800 to appear in the exam. The candidates belonging to OBC category have to submit a fee of Rs. 400 while SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender candidates will have to submit a fee of Rs. 200.
The fee for the exam is non-transferable and non-refundable under any circumstance. Payment of the fee can be made through credit/debit card or e-Challan.
How to Apply
Candidates can fill the form through online mode only. Given below are the steps to apply-
- The candidate should visit the website of UGC NET
- Click on “Apply for NET December 2018”.Go through the “New Candidate Registration” section.
- Read all the instructions carefully and click “ Proceed to apply online”.
- There will be an authentication form on the screen.
- Enter your details like the Nationality, State Identification, State/ UT which you belong to etc.
- Check the details once then click on “Submit” button.
- Once the authentication process gets done, proceed to fill out the application online.
- An application number would be generated after you submit your details.
- Upload the scanned copy of your signature and your latest photograph in the required format.
- Now, Pay the fee through offline and online mode.
- Complete the payment and take a printout of the confirmation page.
NET Exam 2018 Syllabus
- The candidate appearing for the UGC Exam should be aware of the current syllabus.
- For Paper 1: UGC NET Paper 1 is designed in such a way that it tests the candidate’s teaching and the research ability of the candidate.
- For Paper 2: For Paper 2, candidates usually select one subject for the exam which is preferably the subject of their post-graduation.
- For downloading the subject of various subjects visit https://www.ugc.ac.in/net/syllabus.aspx
NET Exam 2018 Preparation Tips
- Make your own notes – Making your own notes help in comprehending things in an easy way. You can focus on important topics in simple language.
- Revise your notes thoroughly – The best thing to do is to revise your notes thoroughly. Keep in mind the short tricks and basic formulas.
- Prepare the strategies – Detect your strong and weak topics and prepare a strategy to study well and revise topics which you have already prepared.
- Increase your speed and focus on accuracy – It is not an easy task to crack questions in limited time. So, keep a better focus on your speed as well as accuracy.
- Prepare for both Paper I and II – Many a time candidates prepare hard for either of the papers. One should prepare for both the exams constantly as both the exams are extremely important.
- Boost your confidence – Everyone is aware that UGC NET is a national level competitive exam so the competition is going to be tough. One should not get discouraged by this, rather a person should keep himself/herself motivated and prepare well.
So, start preparing and fill out the forms before the last date.
Check Other Posts………….
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Exams 2018
How to Prepare for CAT Exams 2018