Right Time to Choose Vocational Courses to Enhance Career Prospects
Being a student, none of us can deny this fact that “A person without aim is vain”. Life is really complicated these days, as each one of us undergoes ‘n’ number of challenges. Nevertheless, the complexities we as a student face each day make us more determined and fill our hearts with inspiration and enthusiasm to achieve something out of the box. It’s the right time to take a decision and follow our passion, rather than imitate others in filling our pockets with degrees.
What is the Meaning of Vocational Courses?
Most of the students are aware about the mundane regular courses, but vocational courses are designed catering to the needs of a growing economy. The basic idea behind these courses is to ensure acquisition of adequate knowledge and skills. The programmes focus to equip you with more employment opportunities. University Grants Commission (UGC) has launched various Bachelor’s of Vocation, famously known as B.Voc degree courses, wherein for students, multiple entry and exit options are available. This ranges from Diploma/Advanced Diploma to Bachelor’s degrees.
Moreover, the content of the courses is developed and based on NVEQF (National Vocational Educational Qualifications Framework), CBCS (Choice Based Credit System), NSQF and especially keeping the demands of the industry in mind. And all for the job seekers out there.
What are the objectives?
1. The major idea behind the introduction of these courses is the overall development in the personality of the student.
2. Ensure skill-based learning.
3. To transform students into entrepreneurs, so that they can become job providers instead of job seekers.
List of B.Voc courses available in Delhi are as follows:
1. Interior Design (designed for female candidates)
2. Applied Arts (designed for female candidates)
3. Construction Technology
5. Printing Technology
6. Power Distribution Management
7. Software Development
8. Electronics and Communication
9. Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
10. Mobile Communication
All we can tell you about these courses is that they will help you to develop hands-on field knowledge, technical skills and much more.
Willing to take admission, eligibility criteria for these courses are:
1. To pursue Interior Design and Applied Arts, candidates must secure 50% and up in their Class 12 respectively. The best part about these courses is that students can be of any stream.
2. Whereas for other courses, requirements include:
a) Candidates must obtain minimum 50% and above in their Class 12.
b) The students must have done their Class 12 with science stream, PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics).
3. In 10+2 years ITI (of the analogous stream).
4. Age Criteria: Students of 16 years and up can be part of the course but should be less than 45 years.
What about Structure? Is it Confusing?
Ahh! No need to pack your mind with complicated ideas. Look below, here is the solution to all your queries. Depending on the time you are willing to devote, here are the qualifications you can achieve.
|Name of the Degree||Course Duration||NSQF Level|
|Advanced Diploma||2 Year||VI|
|B.Voc. Degree||3 Year||VII|
Want to Know Which University You will be Affiliated to?
Well, Delhi Government has tied up with the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (GGSIU) to provide you Bachelor and Post Graduate degrees in your favourite vocational courses.
Names of the institutes running B. Voc Courses include:
These programmes are launched in nine Delhi Government institutes under Directorate of Training and Technical Education (DTTE), Delhi.
1. Pusa Institute of Technology, Pusa
2. G.B. Pant Institute of Technology, Okhla
3. Meera Bai Institute of Technology, Maharani Bagh
4. Aryabhatt Institute of Technology, GTK Road
5. Guru Nanak Dev Institute of Technology, Rohini
6. Kasturba Institute of Technology, Pitam pura
7. Integrated Institute of Technology, Dwarka
8. Bhai Parmanand Institute of Business Studies, Shakar pur
9. Ambedkar Institute of Technology, Shakar pur
What are the total number of seats available in each course?
If you want to pursue these courses, then we would like to tell you to make up your mind fast, as total intake per course is 50 students. Not more than that.
Luckily, these courses were earlier available only up to Bachelor’s level, but now Delhi Government has extended its level up to Post Graduation.
From which academic year these postgraduate courses will begin?
It is good news for all the students over there, that in Delhi Government Institutes of Technology, this initiative is going to begin from academic year 2019-20.
Any website to access more information?
Yes, in order to have in depth idea about these courses, including eligibility, admission forms, last date, you can visit:
2. Helpline: 011-22543891
Bid farewell to tension, what to do, how to do. No, get up right now, uplift your spirits, as some of the best professional courses are waiting to make you part of the in-demand skilled workforce in India.