A perfect snack for a perfect evening, the Aaloo Bhujiya goes well with tea or coffee or just nibbling while reading something. Bhujiya sev has been famous in India for a long time; someone just had to innovate using potatoes to make very similar but very different and yummy snack of Aaloo Bhujiya. It has now become a favourite of people from all over the country, and goes well on picnics and travel journeys. I also like it as a filling between bread loafs, with some ketchup. Numerous Aaloo Bhujiya packets are available in the market; however, with this recipe you can make amazing Aaloo Bhujiya at home and enjoy as much as you want.
Here’s how to make this snack for all occasions.
Ingredients needed for Aaloo Bhujiya
- Potato – 1/2 cup (Boiled, peeled and grated)
- Besan – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp and for frying
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
How to make Aaloo Bhujiya
- Put besan, grated potato and oil in a pan.
- Mix together nicely.
- Add salt, chaat masala and red chili powder.
- Mix nicely.
- Add very little water and knead to make a tight dough.
- Cover and keep the dough for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Divide the dough in 4 parts.
- Fill one part in the sev press fitted with fine net.
- Press the sev press over the hot oil.
- Simmer the heat.
- Fry till golden brown from both the sides.
- Remove from oil on a kitchen tissue-lined plate.
- Allow to cool.
- Break the bhujia into small pieces.
- Store in an airtight container.