Aate Ke Ladoo are just loved in my family, whenever visiting grand parents my son always has on his list having these everyday. These are absolutely delectable and a full plate just disappears during the day. As the name suggests these are made with wheat flour or atta mixed with powdered sugar (boora). This recipe has been carried in the family for few known generations and I share this with you today so you too can enjoy these delicious ladoo’s. These are especially good to eat during the winter season as these are rich with ghee and dry fruits and the addition of sonth powder makes them perfect for the cold weather. These can also be served as dessert or as a snack after evening tea or coffee or even in breakfast. So let’s see how to make these with this Aate Ke Ladoo Recipe.
Ingredients needed for Aate Ke Ladoo
(serves 12-15 ladoo )
- Whole wheat flour – 2 cups
- Ghee – 1 cup
- Powdered sugar – 2 cups
- Crushed dry fruits – 1 cup ( Almonds, cashew nuts, makhane )
- Gond – 1\2 cup
- Sonth powder – 1 tsp
How to make Aate Ke Laddoo
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- Add ghee in a heavy bottom pan and fry the dry fruits till slightly browned.
- Remove and keep aside.
- In the same ghee, fry the gond.
- Crush the fried gond slightly.
- Keep aside.
- In the same ghee, add the whole wheat flour and fry on slow heat till golden brown.
- Add sonth powder, fried dry fruits, fried gond and powdered sugar.
- Mix well.
- Let the mixture cool for 10 minutes.
- Make lemon size ladoos using your palms.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 15 days.