Beans are considered a good food as they provide proteins to the body. The most common beans we use in India are rajma or kidney beans, and chole or garbanzo beans. However, most of the time these beans are used in curry form with loads of masala; some of the curries made from these include Amritsari Chole, Rajma Masala, Pindi Chole, Punjabi Chole, etc. Each of these dishes stands out uniquely and has been enjoyed for decades in the Indian cuisine. However, what I made today was healthy and brought out a great taste from these beans. I mixed rajma and chole with other ingredients to make a Bean Salad today. The salad was lapped up fully along with the meals, and I was happy that everyone was getting great nutritional benefits. I now look forward to making it for my next party platter. You must also make this and for sure it would be loved by your friends and family. Use this Bean Salad Recipe to make it easily.
- Chole – 1/2 cup (soaked overnight)
- Rajma – 1/2 cup (soaked overnight)
- Onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 cup (chopped)
- Green capsicum – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Fresh coriander – 2 tbsp (chopped)
How to make Beans Salad
Preparation time: 10 min.
Making time: 20 min.
- Boil the rajma till fully cooked, cool and keep aside.
- Boil the chole till fully cooked, cool and keep aside.
- Mix rajma, chole with onions, tomato, green capsicum and toss.
- Add salt, cumin powder and mix well.
- Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.