Sunday is almost going to get over and it’s time to welcome the new week. So why not end the weekend with a sweet note? I made this besan ka halwa for dessert and it was loved by all in the family. Halwas can be made with a variety of ingredients. Besan is one of the most common ingredient to make halwa, apart from suji and atta. To make this halwa, besan is fried with ghee on slow heat. The aroma that fills in the entire house is incredible. It is also a good alternative for diabetic patients as besan is good for them. Just replace the sugar with the artificial sweetener and you are good to go! So here is the recipe.
Ingredients needed for Besan Ka Halwa
- Pure ghee – 1\2 cup
- Besan – 1\2 cup
- Sugar – 1\2 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Almonds and pistachios to garnish
How to make Besan Ka Halwa
- Add ghee in a heavy bottom pan and add besan to it.
- Cook on low heat till besan is slightly browned and a nice aroma starts coming from it.
- Add sugar and cook for a minute.
- Add water and cook while continuously stirring.
- Cook till all the water has been absorbed by the besan.
- Garnish with chopped dry fruits like almonds and pistachios.
- You can also put a silver leaf on top, if you are serving to guests and want it to look richer.
- Always cook the besan on low heat and keep stirring continuously, otherwise besan can burn from the bottom.
- You can increase or decrease the amount of sugar as per your liking.
- Do not overcook the halwa, otherwise it will be very dry.