No celebration is complete without cakes. And when we talk of cakes, who can ignore the creamy, mouth-watering taste of a chocolate cake! But did you know that you can just as easily make an excellent chocolate cake at home? Yes, you can! Just follow this recipe and give your loved ones a sweet surprise!
All you need is (makes about 1 kg cake)
Maida – 1 cup
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Unsalted butter – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Eggs – 2
Milk – 1 cup
Chocolate – 50 gms (chopped)
Cocoa powder – 1/4 cup
Hot water – 1/2 cup
Chocolate Cake Recipe
Preparation time: 10 min.
Baking time: 1 hour
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Mix maida, baking powder, baking soda, salt and keep aside.
- Grease and dust an 8-inch cake pan.
- Mix milk, chocolate, cocoa powder and hot water and keep aside.
- Mix butter and sugar and beat till light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat again for 2-3 min.
- Add milk and chocolate mixture and mix well.
- Add maida mixture and mix well.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 30 min or till a toothpick comes out clean from the cake.
- Let it cool, decorate as needed.
418 total views, 1 views today