Indians have a sweet tooth and to cater to their requirements there is no dearth of sweets available. It is hard not to buy sweets once you walk-in to a sweet shop. At the same time it is a pleasure to make something on your own. In the past we have seen how to make sweets like halwa, gulab jamun and rasgulla. Today I made Coconut Barfi at home and I’m still feeling the richness and taste while I write this up. There are many different types of barfi available in the market like kaju barfi, khoya barfi etc. This one is also made with khoya, however we use some coconut in the preparation and it brings a nice crunchy flavor. While you may think its hard to make these kinds of sweets to home, this recipe will show you how easy it is. Just follow the simple Coconut Barfi Recipe and enjoy it with your family and friends.
All you need is (serves 4)
- Khoya – 3/4 cup
- Coconut – 2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Elaichi powder – 1 tsp
- Desi ghee – 2 tsp
- Kesar – few strands (optional, but this gives a vibrant color and taste)
- Dry fruit slivers for garnishing
Coconut Barfi Recipe
Making time: 40 min.
Setting time: 4 hours.
- Dissolve sugar in 1/2 cup water and boil until the mixture is of 2 string consistency.
- Heat coconut with 1 tsp desi ghee in a pan.
- Add khoya, elaichi powder, kesar and sugar syrup and mix well.
- Set the cooked mixture on a greased plate.
- Let it set and cool for about 4 hours.
- Garnish with dry fruit slivers.
- Cut in desired shape and serve.