In a lot of my recipes I use green chutney and I often get asked how to make a perfect chutney. Well green chutney is mainly made with fresh coriander and mint leaves. Now every home I’ve seen have their signature recipe for a green chutney and it tastes so different yet made with very similar ingredients. You can follow these recipes, as long as you love the chutney, however if you are new to the cooking world or want to try out a different taste and wondering how to make a perfect chutney, this recipe is just for you. I also love to have some chutney on the side with my main meals as it gives a nice flavor to the whole meal. Whatever be your reason, try out this Coriander & Mint Green Chutney Recipe and enjoy the way you like.
- Fresh coriander leaves – 2 cups
- Fresh mint leaves – 1 cup
- Green chili – 2
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Garlic – 6 to 8 cloves
- Salt to taste
- lemon juice – 1/4 cup
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
How to make Coriander & Mint Green Chutney
Making time: 15 min.
- Separate out the coriander and mint leaves from the thick stems and wash properly (I generally keep them dipped in water for about 5 min).
- Mix the leaves with ginger, garlic and blend in a mixie with little water each time till you get required consistency (I like to make slightly thick, however if you like you can add more water). You would need to move the contents with a spoon if they stick to the jar.
- Add salt, cumin powder and lemon juice and blend for a few seconds.
- Refrigerate the green chutney.
- Serve as needed.
121 total views, 2 views today