Belonging to the northern part of India, we were always close to Rajasthan and I have always admired the Rajasthani people, its culture and of course, its cuisines. Talking about Rajasthani cuisines, they have a unique delectable taste that make you keep longing for more and more. Gatte ki sabzi is one dish from the royal state of Rajasthan, that is been prepared at my home since I was a child and that I always love to relish. However, today I made something slightly different out of the usual Gatte ki Sabzi with dahi (curd) and called it Dahi Ke Gatte. The taste was as expected – just irresistible and it went well with plain home made hot chapatis. I am very sure you too would fall in love with this great curry from Rajasthan, so use this simple recipe to make Dahi Ke Gatte.
Ingredients needed for Dahi Ke Gatte
- Besan – 1 cup
- Oil – 4 tbsp + 1 tbsp
- Soda – a pinch
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curd – 1 cup (whisked)
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
How to make Dahi Ke Gatte
- Mix besan with 4 tbsp oil with your finger tips.
- Add little water and knead to form a dough.
- Roll and make 4-5 thin cylinders.
- Heat water in a pan.
- When it comes to boil, add besan cylinders.
- Cover it and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from water and cut into small pieces (called gatte).
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan.
- Add onion and fry for a minute.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder and salt.
- Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared gatte and a little water. Cook for a minute.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Now add the whisked curd.
- Mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.