Darbar in Hindi refers to the king’s court and signifies the prime importance. The dishes served in ancient darbars were known to be rich and prime. This is definitely true with this Darbari Chicken as it uses bountiful of almonds and fresh cream in the preparation along with some kasoori methi. This dish goes well with most Indian breads and specially with the naan bread. Once you try it out, I’m sure you would be licking your fingers and would be happy to share the recipe around. That’s the same reason I’m sharing this Darbari Chicken recipe with you as I enjoyed the dish thoroughly. Just go ahead with this easy-to-follow recipe and enjoy a distinct taste of chicken.
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Onion – 2 cups (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (chopped)
- Garlic – 5 to 6 cloves (chopped)
- Chicken – 1 kg
- Curd – 1 cup
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Almond – 15 to 20
- Kasoori methi – 1 tbsp
- Fresh cream – 2 tbsp
- Coriander for garnishing (optional)
Darbari Chicken Recipe
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 45 min.
- Grind the almonds to make a paste using water as needed. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onion and fry till golden brown.
- Add ginger and garlic and fry for another min.
- Add chicken and cook on high heat for 3 to 4 min.
- Add curd, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and almond paste, cover and cook till chicken is done.
- Add kasoori methi and cream and cook for another min.
- Garnish with coriander leaves if you like.
- Serve hot with your choice of bread.