Kaju Barfi and childhood memories go hand in hand. Also known as Kaju Katli, this heavenly sweet is the undisputed favorite of every child, and almost every adult. This delectable sweet is prepared with powdered cashew nuts cooked with the right consistency of sugar syrup or chashni, letting it settle, and decorating with silver foil. Kaju Barfi is so different from the regular barfi, which is made with milk, and hence is a famous gift item during the festivals and ceremonies. It is easy to find Kaju Barfi in most of the sweet shops around India, but there is nothing like preparing it yourself. So I suggest that you make the Kaju Barfi at home this time, line it up in hand made boxes and use this for gifting your loved ones in the upcoming festive season.
Ingredients needed for Kaju Barfi
- Cashew nuts – 1 cup
- Cornflour – 1 tsp
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Water – 1/4 cup
- Silver foil for garnishing
- Ghee – for smearing the thali
How to make Kaju Barfi
- Blend cashew nuts and cornflour in a blender to make a smooth powder.
- Heat sugar and water in a pan.
- Cook till uniform string consistency is reached.
- Add cashew-nut powder to the pan.
- Cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes, till the mixture start to leave the sides of the pan.
- Grease a thali with ghee.
- Spread the mixture evenly on the greased thali.
- Cut into desired shape.
- Garnish with silver foil.